Saturday 28 April 2007

Failure to furnish tech support - JunkFilter Plus

Several years ago I purchased IncreditMail Premium eMail client.
While I have had a few problems with it, over all it has been a good buy.

The company has furnished several upgrades at
no additional charge and it has function satisfactorily.



When the offered the Junk Filter Plus option
it sounded like a good addition so I purchased it.


It has never function as advertised and
now I can not get tech support to even respond.



For some reason their SPAM reporting function stopped working
and I had to contact them several times before they fixed it.



Next I noticed that the reporting function
is not available for messages sent to the Junk folder.

You have to move them to another folder before they can be reported.

Am I missing something here,
does that make any sense to not have it work in the Junk folder?



Now, when I find a message that was transferred to
the Junk folder in error and try to read it or add the sender
to my contacts (white list) the program crashes every time.


Granted it does give you a reporting form and usually will re-start the
application, but I can get no assistance, or even a reply, from their tech
support. The last word from them was to 'empty the folder and upgrade to the
latest version'. The folder was empty and there is no upgrade available.



Also, I see
no reduction in the number of SPAM messages so
reporting them does not seem to be accomplishing anything
.



Until they fix these problems I would recommend not purchasing Junk Filter Plus.

Posted By: jfford on 5/1/2006
www.my3cents.com